Thursday, October 20, 2011

Review: The Iron Knight: Julie Kagawa ***5 STARS***





The Iron Knight: Julie Kagawa (The Iron Fey 4)
Synopsis: Goodreads


My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.
I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her.
My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…

My Review:


First off let me say how amazing this book was. I am so happy and feel very lucky to have been able to read this galley! Thank you netgalley and Harlequin for approving my request. I originally felt the Iron Fey series ended just okay by the end of the Iron Queen. But man oh man am I happy that Julie Kagawa decided to do this book. I mean this book was a great experience and had so much emotion.  Buy this book asap as soon as it comes out because you will not want to miss this. This book was a great journey; it had so much growth and a great plot. The story was always going with no slow parts. There were some great twist and turns and some great thought provoking moments. There are spoilers, please don’t continue reading unless you have read THE IRON KNIGHT.

Wow wow wow. I loved Ash’s POV. He is so closed off and it was interesting to go inside his head. To begin with Ash is just beyond amazing. He has changed so much from that evil ice prince at the beginning of Iron King, to this honorable guy searching for a soul. The trials and tests that Ash faces are so realistic in a way. I really felt his worry and felt what he would need to give up. The mortality, conscious, loss of strength, is it really worth giving up for Meghan? The trial, showing his potential future with Meghan was beyond. I mean it was so sweet, wonderful and sad. The whole testing grounds experience was such a journey on its own. Without the group of friends he brought with him, I doubt he would have gotten as far as he did.
I really enjoyed Ash & Pucks relationship. It literally was a love hate relationship. Almost every chance Ash got, he would say I am going to kill you puck, and he meant it even though he didn’t want to do it. The way he was bound by that oath, I think was literally killing Ash. Even though Ash might not say it, Puck is his best friend. They are a team.

Puck was hilarious, with his quick humor. I mean he is just hilarious. No matter how dangerous or inappropriate the situation, you count on Puck to say something ridiculous and sarcastic. There were times that group wanted to kill him, and I wouldn’t blame them. Puck, I believe is my favorite character, aside from the all knowing cait sith Grimalkin. Who by the way you can also count on disappearing when times are dangerous, leading the way, smart comments, and having so much intelligence. He just has a way of making everyone feel so dumb, I can’t help but laugh. The amount of knowledge he has is remarkable. Grimalkin, had his own love hate relationship with “The Big Bad Wolf”. I guess Cats and Dogs will never get along.  He plays a very interesting and important part in this journey, and I am so happy he was a part of this story.
Ariella….. What a surprise!!! I mean I had a feeling she was alive, I would have never guessed she was the seer.

 The major and important role she played in this book, as well as the others was OMG amazing. The twist in her story, was incredible. I had a moment, where I questioned her loyalty and if she was up to something. She is just beyond amazing, and I am saddened that Ash and her couldn’t be happy. I definitely wanted Ash with Meghan, but I definitely felt the love for Ariella. Their history, is very intense and amazing.
This book was amazing ending to this great series. I loved this book so much. It literally is my favorite book in the series. I will probably have to read all over again so I can remember my favorite parts, because there were so many. You need to get this book.  Once you read it, you will see how much of a treasure this is. Thanks Julie Kagawa for this great adventure!

                      ************* 5****************

2 comments: