Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just Wondering Wednesdays *3*

 So to participate every week is pretty simple. Every Wednesday I will ask a question about something I am wondering about and all you have to do is answer and use the Mr. Linky I provide. Now if lets say your not really interested in my questions or are maybe wondering some other bookish things that you want to discuss, then your post can be about what your wondering about this week. Simple?? I

So I was wondering which paranormal/urban fantasy world out of the books you have read could be the most realistic
to find in our modern world?
I think this would have to consist of the world that Aprilynne Pike has created in her series Wings. I really have enjoyed reading this series so far. It's been very magical. The reason why I chose this series is because Aprilynne did an amazing job of actually explaining the world. She made the possibility of fairies being plants make sense. It wasn't a world of fairies playing evil tricks on humans and eating them. I actually could believe that their could be fairies in this world. (Not really im not that crazy). I loved how Laurel was vegan because she's a plant; and she has no heart beat, and that there could be a hidden world in the forest. Even the way the fairies procreate, sex is just for fun but poor Tamina must wear gloves if a fairy is in bloom. I likes that there were 4 different types of fairies for the different seasons. I of course loved how they tied in Shakespeare and the plays he created.  It really was magical and brought a lighter side to the world of fairies that isn't normally seen in YA. Aprilynne's world wasn't extremely complex but yet simple enough to be believable. 


I would love to hear your thoughts on my question or if you guys have been wondering anything worth discussing?
Link UP BELOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment