Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Favorite Quotes *6*

So I decided to feature my favorite quotes of Wither on my blog. As I read more books, I will also be adding any other favorite quotes I have with other books that I read. I just love the feeling of having certain quotes transporting me to a part in the Book! ** Some spoilers if you have not read the book!** 
Since I just finished Catching Fire: Suzanne Collins 5 STARS, Here's my review!
  • "So it's you and a syringe against the Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans." 
  • "You know, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him." 
  • Really, the combination of the scabs and the ointment looks hideous. I can't help enjoying his distress. "Poor Finnick. Is this the first time in your life you haven't looked pretty?" I say."It must be. The sensation's completely new. How have you managed it all these years?" he asks."Just avoid mirrors. You'll forget about it," I say. "Not if I keep looking at you," he says." 
  • "I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don't hurt anyone but myself." 
  • "Gale is mine. I am his. Anything else is unthinkable.
  • "We had to save you because you're the mockingjay, Katniss," says Plutarch. "While you live, the revolution lives." 
  • "I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me." 
  • "The bird, the pin, the song, the berries, the watch, the cracker, the dress that burst into flames. I am the mockingjay. The one that survived despite the Capitol's plans. The symbol of the rebellion." 
  • "I'm so sorry," I whisper. I lean forward and kiss him. His eyelashes flutter and he looks at me through a haze of opiates. "Hey, Catnip." "Hey, Gale," I say. "Thought you'd be gone by now," He says. My choices are simple. I can die like a quarry in the woods or I can die here beside Gale. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay right here and cause all kinds of trouble."  "Me, too," Gale says. He just manages a smile before the drugs pull him back under." 
  • "Technically, I am unarmed. But no one should ever underestimate the harm that fingernails can do. Especially if the target is unprepared." 
  • "Katniss," Gale says softly. I recognize that voice. It's the same one he uses to approach wounded animals before he delivers a deathblow. I Instinctively raise my hand to block his words but he catches it and holds on tightly. Don't," I whisper. But Gale is not one to keep secrets from me.
    Katniss, There is no District Twelve."
     
  • "I guess this is a bad time to mention I hung a dummy and painted Seneca Crane's name on it..." 
  • "It must be very fragile, if a handful of berries can bring it down." 
  • "That if desperate times call for desperate measures, then I'm free to act as desperately as I wish." 
  • "I pull an arrow, whip the notch into place, and am about to let it fly when I'm stopped by the sight of Finnick kissing Peeta. And it's so bizarre, even for Finnick."
  • "I can only form one clear thought.  This is no place for a girl on fire."
  • "I don't care if you got knocked up. I can still rip your throat out" 
  • "What about you?" "Not a clue. I keep wishing I could bake a cake or something." 
  • "Fine. Somebody else can arrange to get the stupid goat knocked up." 
  • "But Mockingjays were never a weapon," said Madge. "They’re just songbirds. Right? "Yeah, I guess so,” I said, But it’s not true. A mockingbird is just a songbird. A mockingjay is a creature the capitol never intended to exist. They hadn’t counted on the highly controlled jabberjay having the brains to adapt to the wiled, to thrive in a new form. They hadn’t anticipated its will to live." "What's going on down there, Katniss? Have they all joined hands? Taken a vow of nonviolence? Tossed the weapons in the sea in defiance of the Capitol?' Finnick asks. 
  • "Remember, girl on fire,” he says, “I'm still betting on you." 
  • "And to us, we're more married than any piece of paper or big party could make us." 


No comments:

Post a Comment