Since I just finished Matched by Ally Condie, early this morning I will be putting some quotes up today before I forget! Here's my review of Matched!
- "Every minute you spend with someone gives them a part of your life and takes part of theirs."
- "We could have been happy. I know that, and it is perhaps the hardest thing to know."
- "Ky can play this game. He can play all of their games, including the one in front of him that he just lost. He knows exactly how to play, and that's why he loses every time."
- "It is strange how we hold on to the pieces of the past while we wait for our futures."
- "I came up on the screen, too, Cassia. But he was the one you chose to see."
- "But if you were Matched," I say softly, "What do you think she'd be like?"
"You," he says, almost before I've finished. "You."
- "They are giving us pieces of a real life instead of the whole thing. They have perfected the art of giving us just enought freedom; just enough that when we are ready to snap, a little bone is offered and we roll over, belly up, comfortable and placated like a dog... - Cassia"
- "If I couldn’t name it, would I even know what it is? Would I even feel it at all?"
- "This is the difference between us. I live to sort, he knows how to create."
- "Once you want something, everything changes. Now I want everything. More and more and more."