Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Favorite Quotes *4*

So I decided to feature my favorite quotes of Angelfire on my blog. As I read more books, I will also be adding any other favorite quotes I have with other books that I read. I just love the feeling of having certain quotes transporting me to a part in the Book! ** Some spoilers if you have not read the book!** I must also admit that many are Will quotes because he is just so swoon worthy!!!!
Since I just finished Angelfire: Courtney Allison Moulton 4 STARS, Here's my review of Angelfire!
  • "As I swung a third time, he grabbed my wrist. "That's enough hitting," he growled. "You don't exactly hit like a girl, you know." 
  • "I guess it's true that love makes you blind." "No," my mom said. "It doesn't make you blind. You're very, very aware of everything about the one you truly love, whether you know it from what your eyes tell you or your heart. So no, love doesn't make you blind. It paralyzes you until you can't breathe or run away from it." 
  • "And everytime you die, a little piece of me dies with you." 
  • "I am so sick of you pulling this Batman shit on me!" 
  • "And I am your guardian, your bodyguard, sworn to protect and defend you. And you are making my job excruciatingly difficult." 
  • "I don't want to die and come back and not remember your face, Will. I don't want to spend another lifetime not knowing who you are!" 
  • "He reached forward to cup my cheek, the touch surprising me. "Please understand that no matter what I am or what has happened in the past, I am yours. I am devoted to you above all else, including my own life." I exhaled after holding my breath for what felt like forever. "That's pretty heavy, Will." His expression was impassioned, and the backs of his fingers brushed the side of my neck. "It is a burden I am glad to carry." 
  • ""His fingers traced the curve of my shoulder softly, as his gaze fell. I gasped sharply. If he tried to kiss me, I'd slap the crap out of him. Bond or no bond." 
  • "Ellie, you need to understand," he said softly. "I exist only to serve you and fight by your side. Whether that fighting is to preserve your life or to make sure you smile, that is what I am built to do. You're all I have, and I will watch over you forever." 
  • ""Love is a beautiful but terrible thing," he said. "You have to be careful with it. It can destroy you." 
  • "As I listened and watched, I knew he was as perfectly aware of me as I was of him, though he kept his infallible rhythm. I knew he could sense every inch of my skin from across the floor, as I could his, feeling every thread of the powerful centuries-old bond we shared. In that moment my lips grew numb and something spun deliciously warm in my chest. In that precise moment I knew I was undeniably in love with him." 
  • "No, I haven't heard that, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the proverbial insight, my stalker friend." 
  • "I knew I had to live. I had to be there when you came back. You died alone, but I wouldn't let you come back alone." 
  • "It was good to know that when swords failed, simple girl tactics always worked - even on monsters." 
  • "I knew he was your boyfriend. Ellie Marie, I can't believe you lied to me, you hooker!" 
  • "Will, I'm in love with you. You're the only one who understands what I go through every day, the only one I can share this world with." 
  • "Are you coming with us?"  He looked down at me, his eyes a cool mint green. He seemed to have calmed down since Cadan left. "If you wish." "I would feel better if you were close," I whispered. "Cadan freaked me out." "Then of course," he said. "I'll follow you anywhere." 
  • "I know you don't have access to that memory yet, but I don't think it's something I can just tell you. It means too much to me, I guess." 
  • "I thrashed against him, but I couldn’t free my arms. I pounded my knee into his groin. His eyes bulged and he roared in pain, releasing me. It was good to know that when swords failed, simple girl tactics always worked—even on monsters." 

No comments:

Post a Comment