Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: Ballad: Maggie Stiefvater

Title: Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Summary:
In this mesmerizing sequel to Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception, music prodigy James Morgan and his best friend, Deirdre, join a private conservatory for musicians. James' musical talent attracts Nuala, a soul-snatching faerie muse who fosters and feeds on the creative energies of exceptional humans until they die. Composing beautiful music together unexpectedly leads to mutual admiration and love. Haunted by fiery visions of death, James realizes that Deirdre and Nuala are being hunted by the Fey and plunges into a soul-scorching battle with the Queen of the Fey to save their lives.


Cover: 
   I thought it was very interesting, but now that I read the book it totally makes sense because of Nuala's story.


My Review:
So I was dissapointed with this book. At first I thought it was going to be an actual sequel from Dee's pov but it wasnt. Not that I didnt like James but i felt like it could of been so much better. The thing that had me the most frustrated was that crazy things were going on and no one was questioning it or talking about. Especially Dee with the whole not sending the text messages to James; and him not tellin her what was going on.

I kinds of liked James but I didnt like how he was made out to be this person that everyone liked and wanted to be. I just felt he really wasnt that fully developed or special. I didnt care for how little explanations there really was in this world of fey. Or even the climax when everything was going down how everyone was just waiting around. I mean really Nuala could of burned as soon as the bonfires were lit to save time. Dee could of been saved so much easily but evryone was just standing around. Even sullivan I felt since he lived with the faires for seven years he would give more insight on there world but he really didnt.

Even when they went to meet the Thornking it was just wierd how Nuala was suposably his daughter but that wasnt explained to much either. Or even James being a seer suposably and being able to see past and present. It was like a lot of thing were thrown into to the book to make it more interesting but all the kinks werent worked out. Half way through the book i really wanted to give up because of the pace and lack of plot really, but i pulled through that way i can finish the book.

It wasnt extremely horrible but it wasn't good. I did like Nualas character she was intersteing but besides that the book could have been so much better.



                                                               2 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment