Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: Spells: Aprilynne Pike


Title: Spells
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Wings: Book 2
Summary:
Six months have passed since Laurel saved the gateway to the faerie realm of Avalon. Now she must spend her summer there, honing her skills as a Fall faerie. But her human family and friends are still in mortal danger--and the gateway to Avalon is more compromised than ever.

When it comes time to protect those she loves, will she depend on David, her human boyfriend, for help? Or will she turn to Tamani, the electrifying faerie with whom her connection is undeniable?

Cover:
  I really like this cover, its very pretty. I love how they chose to have flower/plant because it's what Laurel is going to be working on in Avalon.

My Review:
I absolutely loved this book. I thought is was better than the first. I am definately routing for Tamina . This book was really realistic besides all the fairy stuff.

The trials Laurel is going through are very realistic. I love how David is the perfect boyfriend. He is everything Laurel could really ask for in a boyfriend. He is sweet and understanding and really tries to be her support.

Yet Tam is equally as attractice and nice but he has an edge and a riskiness that Laurel is drawn too. I feel so bad for Tam, especially since he has declared his feelings and Laurel is the only one that can do anything because of their (caste system). I want Laurel to choose Tam; of course he is the riskier choice, but it's for that reason. I think in real life I wouldn't be courageous enough to choose Tam because it isn't the safest course. So I guess I want to live vicariously through Laurel.

I loved how Aprilynne stylle of writing gets right to the poiny. As soon as the book started, Laurel was on her way to Avalon.I really was unable to put the book down. The ending was something else. I cant wait to read illusions, and I see why everyone else is so excited. Aprilynne Pike is an amazing writer.


                                                              5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment