Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: Moonlight: Rachel Hawthorne


Title: Moonlight
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Dark Guardian: Book 1
Summary:
I see him and knows what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.

KAYLA is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying-and thrilling-gene that will change her life forever.

LUCAS is dangerous, gorgeous ... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.

As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny.
Cover:
For some reason I like seeing redheads on book covers. They always look so pretty.

My Review:
So I was pleasantly surprised with this book. One main reason I wasnt sure if I was going to like it is because im not a huge fan of wolves. Im more of vampire fan. Especially after reading Blood and Chocolate which was highly regarded as a great werewolves book but it wasn't. 

I was also hesitant because the books first page and prologue basically gave out the big secret, that Lucas and Kayla are wolves. So i figured how good can the book really be. Lucas is a sexy, cant help but fall in love with kinda guy. He reminds me a little of Dimitri from Vampire Academy; he is powerful and thinks a lot before he acts, very controlled, and alpha of his pack. You cant help but be excited that you have such a strong male lead in this book. 

Kayla is very appealing as well shes strong, caring, and very relatable. I like how she dreamed about lucas, but was scared to like him because she was unable to understand her feelings. I was surprised with the whole twist with Mason. I liked also how the book didnt leave you in crisis mode too long. My only complaint is that I wish it could have been longer. Why didn't Rachel Hawthorne give me 200-300 more pages to continue falling in love. The intimate scenes were so exciting I couldnt help but want more. This is a definate must read i really liked it.

                                                                       4 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment